You may be wondering how important eco-friendly and green initiatives are to your customers. In recent years, as awareness about the environment has grown, so, too, has the number of customers that specifically seek out those businesses which demonstrate they care about the environment. These types of customers also do not mind paying a little more for “greener” products and services.
For small business owners, the processes to “go-green” can seem overwhelming or more costly than budgets allow. However, there are several things your small business can do to promote a greener work environment; plus, your customers will appreciate your efforts, and it could even lead to attracting new ones.
- Reduce energy usage. Replace light bulbs with ones that use less energy. Consider installing solar panels on your roof. Enable energy saving features on your computer, printer, and electronic devices. Only power on devices when they are needed; otherwise, leave them shut off.
- Hire virtual employees. A virtual assistant can perform the same tasks as an administrative assistant, but virtually, from a remote location or at-home office.
- Eliminate reliance on paper. Rather than print emails and other documents, review them in electronic format on your computer or mobile device. You could even invest in a second monitor for your computer for easier viewing.
- Only print what you need. You would be surprised by how much paper is wasted each year because people do not take the time to adjust their printer settings and change page ranges. You can also enable eco-printing modes to use less ink and turn on double-sided printing to fully use the entire sheet of paper.
- Purchase recycled office supplies. From printer paper to toiletries and more, look for products that are made from recycled and post-consumable products.
- Take advantage of work-at-home opportunities. Certain parts of your business might be able to done from home, eliminating the need to commute to the office.
Do not be afraid to explore a variety of different methods or develop new ones that are specific for your type of operation to make your business greener. Feel free to contact Always Answer at 1-800-606-9898 today for more information about our virtual receptionists and assistants!