The days of customers picking up the telephone and calling businesses’ answering services whenever they had a question, needed support, or wanted more information about products and services becomes less and less. Thanks to the internet, social media, and mobile devices, people now have a wider spectrum of ways to seek customer service.
Any business, whether it is a locally owned retailer or a major global corporation, needs to be aware of how its customers seek solutions to problems if it wants to remain ahead of the competition. Some things your business needs to do include:
- Establish a social media presence. You should create social media accounts on a few different social media sites that fit with your business, such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Claim your online review site business and set up a profile. Yelp and other review sites may have your business already listed if customers have left reviews. It is free to claim your business and set up your profile.
- Monitor social media and online review sites. Some companies have started having their call center service monitor these sites 24/7 for them to respond to customers promptly.
- Enable online support features and options. Another way to communicate with customers in the digital age is to provide online support through your website.
Tips for Providing Customer Support via Social Media
- Remember, social media channels are public. If you need to obtain personal information from a customer, direct them to call you.
- Track the questions or types of problems being discussed. Use these to enhance your FAQs on your website, as well as address issues that are within your control.
- Provide responses to posts quickly. You should respond to all posts, even negative ones, in a polite and professional manner.
- Be direct and to the point when answering questions. Customers typically do not want a long explanation to their questions. Keep it short and direct, like providing a link to an FAQ
For assistance in enabling customer support, please feel free to contact Always Answer at 1-800-606-9898 today!